Get advice about housing
Our Housing Advice Service offers free, confidential advice. We can help you with a range of housing issues, including:
- Help with court applications to prevent eviction from private landlords (for online advice for private and social tenants, visit Shelter's web page 'Advice on evictions').
- Claims for benefit to help with the cost of housing.
- Financial advice to help with your housing problems (for online advice, visit the Money Advice Service website).
- Applying for council and housing association homes (Home-Link).
- Finding private rented accommodation
- Fleeing domestic abuse or getting help to secure your home.
- Tenancy issues, including relationship breakdown and ending joint tenancies (for online advice, visit Shelter's: ending joint tenancies).
- Young people and homelessness (for online advice, visit Shelter's: housing advice for young people).
- Leaving hospital and either not having a home, or your home being unsuitable.
- Advice for private landlords and tenants (for online advice, visit Shelter's: renting privately).
- Advice for housing association and council tenants.
- Owner-occupiers (for online advice on mortgage arrears, visit Shelter's: mortgage arrears)
- Homeless people, including single homeless people.
- Help renting out a room in your home
- The Housing Advice Service manages Cambridge's Home-Link choice based lettings system
- If you already have a Home-Link account, see our webpage Managing your account for important fact sheets on logging in, bidding, & providing proofs.
- Read our
- Find out more about our Housing and Homelessness Strategy
Housing advice drop-in service
A drop-in service is available at our customer service centre at the following times:
- Monday: 10am to 4pm
- Tuesday: 10am to 4pm
- Wednesday: 1 to 4pm (emergencies only - eg if you're homeless today)
- Thursday: 10am to 4pm
- Friday: 10am to 4pm
Data sharing with the DCLG
The Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) wants to find out how services to help people at risk of homelessness are working. In order to do this, Cambridge City Council may share your information with DCLG.
More details can be found in this leaflet Sharing information with DCLG.pdf [PDF, 103kB]