Get advice about housing
Our Housing Advice Service offers free, confidential advice. We can help you with a range of housing issues, including:
- Help with court applications to prevent eviction from private landlords (for online advice for private and social tenants, visit Shelter's web page 'Advice on evictions').
- Claims for benefit to help with the cost of housing.
- Financial advice to help with your housing problems (for online advice, visit the Money Advice Service website).
- Applying for council and housing association homes (Home-Link).
- Finding private rented accommodation
- Fleeing domestic abuse or getting help to secure your home.
- Tenancy issues, including relationship breakdown and ending joint tenancies (for online advice, visit Shelter's: ending joint tenancies).
- Young people and homelessness (for online advice, visit Shelter's: housing advice for young people).
- Leaving hospital and either not having a home, or your home being unsuitable.
- Advice for private landlords and tenants (for online advice, visit Shelter's: renting privately).
- Advice for housing association and council tenants.
- Owner-occupiers (for online advice on mortgage arrears, visit Shelter's: mortgage arrears)
- Homeless people, including single homeless people.
- Help renting out a room in your home
- The Housing Advice Service manages Cambridge's Home-Link choice based lettings system
- Read our
- Find out more about our Housing and Homelessness Strategy
Housing advice drop-in service
A drop-in service is available at our Customer Service Centre at the following times:
- Monday: 10am to 4pm
- Tuesday: 10am to 4pm
- Wednesday: 1 to 4pm (emergencies only - eg if you're homeless today)
- Thursday: 10am to 4pm
- Friday: 10am to 4pm