Get advice about housing
Our Housing Advice service provides free, confidential advice to anyone in the Cambridge City Council district. If you are threatened with homelessness, we will work with you to help prevent a housing crisis.
If you have seen the Housing Advice Service and have a Personal Housing Plan (PHP), you can log in to your plan.
The Housing Advice Service can provide advice on a wide range of housing issues, from landlord disputes to homelessness.
Please see the linked factsheets below if you fall into one of the following groups, they contain housing advice specifically tailored to your needs:
- Recently released from prison or youth detention [PDF, 130kB]
- Leaving care [PDF, 134kB]
- Victims of domestic abuse [PDF, 183kB]
- Former members of the regular armed forces [PDF, 188kB]
- Your relationship has broken down [PDF, 91kB]
The Housing Advice Service manages Cambridge's Home-Link choice based lettings system
- If you already have a Home-Link account, see our webpage Managing your account for important fact sheets on logging in, bidding, & providing proofs.
- Read our
- Find out more about our Housing and Homelessness Strategy
Housing advice drop-in service
A drop-in service is available at our customer service centre at the following times:
- Monday: 10am to 4pm
- Tuesday: 10am to 4pm
- Wednesday: 1pm to 4pm
- Thursday: 10am to 4pm
- Friday: 10am to 4pm
During busy periods we might offer to call you back within five working days if your situation is not urgent.
Data sharing with the MHCLG
The Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government (formerly the DCLG) wants to find out how services to help people at risk of homelessness are working. In order to do this, Cambridge City Council may share your information with them.
More details can be found in this leaflet Sharing information with MHCLG.pdf [PDF, 103kB]