Get help if you're having problems paying your bill
If you're struggling to pay your council tax bill, take action before things get worse.
Tips that might help:
- Pay by direct debit – it's the easiest way to pay
- Ask us to spread your bill payments over 12 months. You must do this in writing or by telephone (details below)
- You may be able to claim a council tax reduction (benefit) if you're on a low income
- See if you qualify to get money off your council tax bill
- You may also be eligible for a discretionary council tax reduction.
If you're trying to make savings on your utility bills, need help organising your finances, or are not sure if you could get benefits, the information on our debt and money advice page may help.
To spread payments, write to
Cambridge City Council
PO Box 130
Cambridge CB1 0JH