Environmental ward walkabouts
Environmental ward walkabouts are an ‘on the ground’ project to deal with local environmental issues.
Relevant council departments will be able to visit each individual ward, together with residents and ward councillors and understand first-hand the issues affecting residents.
Winter walkabouts will typically take place during January and February and summer walkabouts during July and August.
Contact us to request a walkabout in your area.
How it works on the day
- Each walkabout should take no longer than 1.5 to 2 hours to complete
- Residents can discuss any local environmental issues, but items on the agenda are likely to include dog fouling, fly-tipping, graffiti and environmental crimes.
- At the meeting time, our officers will record any actions that need attention and report back progress through agreed channels
- For large wards with multiple issues, walkabouts may be best split over several dates / times
- There is no need to book in advance to attend the walkabouts, but to register your interest or if you have any questions, contact the co-ordinator (details below).