Elections in 2018
Elections took place across the city on 3 May for 15 of the 42 seats on the City Council.
Read an easy-read guide to voting [PDF, 1MB], which explains how to register and the different ways you can vote. It was written by Mencap, the charity for people with a learning disability.
- Notice of election [PDF, 74kB]
- Notice of poll [PDF, 197kB]
- Notice of vacancy: East Chesterton [PDF, 26kB]
- Statement of Persons Nominated [PDF, 145kB]
- Notice of election published – Tuesday 27 March
- Poll cards delivered – from Wednesday 28 March to Tuesday 10 April
- Candidates announced – Monday 9 April
- Deadline to register to vote – Tuesday 17 April, 11:59 pm
- Deadline to apply for a postal vote, a postal proxy vote or to cancel or amend an existing postal vote – Wednesday 18 April, 5pm
- Postal votes sent out – Friday 20 April
- Deadline to apply for a proxy vote – Wednesday 25 April, 5pm
- Polling day – Thursday 3 May, 7 am to 10 pm