Elections in 2017
Key dates for the Parliamentary election on Thursday 8 June 2017, can be found at the bottom of the page.
On Thursday 4 May 2017, elections will be held in Cambridge for:
- 12 Councillors for Cambridgeshire County Council
- A Mayor for the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority
- A Councillor for the Arbury ward of Cambridge City Council, following the resignation of Cllr. Charlotte Perry.
You can see a list of candidates [PDF, 19kB] standing in Cambridge for the county council elections and the city council by-election in Arbury ward. See below for the formal statements of persons nominated.
The deadline for registering to vote at the 4 May elections has now passed. If you have moved and are still registered at your previous address, you can still vote in respect of that address. Contact us if you have moved within the Cambridge City area, or contact your previous local authority if you have moved from another council area.
- Poll cards issued between Friday 24 March & Sunday 9 April
- The register to vote deadline has now passed (Thursday 13 April)
- The deadline to apply for a postal vote, or cancel or change an existing postal or proxy vote, has now passed (Tuesday 18 April)
- Postal vote ballot papers were issued on Thursday 20 April
- The deadline to apply for a proxy vote has now passed (Tuesday 25 April)
- Completed postal vote packs must reach the Returning Officer by 10 pm on polling day, Thursday 4 May
- Notice of Poll [PDF, 68kB] for the County Council elections
- Notice of Poll [PDF, 15kB] for the City Council by-election
- Statements of Persons Nominated [PDF, 40kB] for the County Council elections
- Statement of Persons Nominated [PDF, 8kB] for the City Council by-election
- Notice of Election [PDF, 73kB] for the County Council elections
- Notice of by-election [PDF, 10kB] in the Arbury ward of Cambridge City Council
Changes to some polling locations
There has been a review of the polling district boundaries in Cambridge and this means that some people will have to go to a different polling station in order to vote on 4 May and 8 June. Please check your poll card carefully so that you go to the correct station on polling day.
UK Parliamentary Election (general election)
An election for a Member of Parliament (MP) has been called for Thursday 8 June 2017, important dates are: