Taking care of your body and mind is really important – especially during the coronavirus pandemic.
Virtual community centre
If you use Facebook, follow our ‘virtual community centre’ page. We share lots of positive ideas, support and inspiration, to encourage you to stay safe and healthy.
Exercise and physical wellbeing
It’s important to try to stay fit and healthy at this time. Our online fitness activities page lists many websites that will give you ideas for exercising with limited space and equipment.
Mental health and wellbeing
We all react differently in situations like this – some of us will feel more frustrated, worried or lonely than others.
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, contact the Cambridgeshire Emergency Mental Health team – phone 111, then select option 2.
There are plenty of online networks and tools that can help you stay in touch with friends and family. Facebook, Skype, WhatsApp and Zoom are just a few that let you see and talk to multiple people at a time.
The following links will give you more information and ideas for staying positive and looking after your mental health:
- NHS: Advice for parents, guardians and carers on how to support a child or young person if you’re concerned about their mental health
- NHS: What to do if you’re a young person and it’s all getting too much
- GOV.UK: Guidance for the public on the mental health and wellbeing aspects of coronavirus
- Keep your Head - reliable information on mental health and wellbeing for children, young people and adults across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Lifeline Plus – a mental health and wellbeing helpline for adults
- Mental Health Foundation: How to look after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak
- Mind: Coronavirus and your wellbeing
- NHS: Every Mind Matters
- Qwell – online counselling and wellbeing for adults
- Samaritans: How we can help
- Asthma UK: Coronavirus
- Campaign to End Loneliness: What to do if you’re feeling lonely during self-isolation
- Cancer Research UK: Coronavirus
- Cancer Research UK video: Symptoms of cancer and advice during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Carers UK: Coronavirus guidance
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy: Coronavirus
- Disability Cambridgeshire
- GOV.UK: How to wear and make a cloth face covering
- GOV.UK: Safer travel guidance
- Let’s Talk Loneliness
- Macmillan: Coronavirus guidance for people with cancer
- Marie Curie: Coronavirus if you’re affected by terminal illness
- The NHS app – access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet
- NHS: Find a GP
- NHS: Find a pharmacy
- Scope: Coronavirus information and updates
- Sport England: Stay in, work out
- Quick guide to safe shopping (Chartered Institute of Environmental Health) [PDF, 0.7MB]