Taking care of your body and mind is really important during the coronavirus pandemic.
The NHS is still open 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide urgent medical treatment and support healthcare concerns. If you’re unsure where to go for medical support, visit the NHS 111 website.
Virtual community centre
If you use Facebook, keep an eye on our new ‘virtual community centre’ page.
We’ll be sharing positive ideas, support and inspiration, to encourage everybody in Cambridge to stay safe and healthy during the coronavirus pandemic.
Exercise and physical wellbeing
It’s important to try to stay fit and healthy at this time, so our sport and fitness activities at home page lists many websites that will give you ideas for exercising with limited space and equipment.
Mental health and wellbeing
We all react differently in situations like this – some of us will feel more frustrated, worried or lonely than others.
There are plenty of online networks and tools that can help you stay in touch with friends and family. Facebook, Skype, WhatsApp and Zoom are just a few that let you see and talk to multiple people at a time.
These links will give you some information and ideas for staying positive and looking after your mental health:
- 4 Mental Health: Building your wellbeing and helping you cope
- GOV.UK: Guidance for parents and carers on supporting children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing during the coronavirus outbreak
- GOV.UK: Guidance for the public on the mental health and wellbeing aspects of coronavirus
- Keep your Head - reliable information on mental health and wellbeing for children, young people and adults across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Mental Health Foundation: How to look after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak
- Mind: Coronavirus and your wellbeing
- NHS: Every Mind Matters
- Qwell – online counselling and wellbeing for adults
- Samaritans: Mental health during the coronavirus outbreak
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, contact the Cambridgeshire Emergency Mental Health team – phone 111, then select option 2.
- Asthma UK: Coronavirus
- Campaign to End Loneliness: What to do if you’re feeling lonely during self-isolation
- Cancer Research UK: Coronavirus
- Cancer Research UK video: Symptoms of cancer and advice during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Carers UK: Coronavirus guidance
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy: Coronavirus
- Disability Cambridgeshire
- GOV.UK: How to wear and make a cloth face covering
- GOV.UK: Safer travel guidance
- Let’s Talk Loneliness
- Macmillan: Coronavirus guidance for people with cancer
- Marie Curie: Coronavirus if you’re affected by terminal illness
- The NHS app – access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet
- NHS: Find a GP
- NHS: Find a pharmacy
- Pharmacy opening times (online map from Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group)
- Scope: Coronavirus information and updates
- Sport England: Stay in, work out
- Quick guide to safe shopping (Chartered Institute of Environmental Health) [PDF, 0.7MB]