Different kinds of support are available to you, depending on your situation and what type of help you need.
If you need help shopping for food, we recommend asking your family, friends or trusted neighbours to help if possible. This will be easier and faster to organise.
If you need help or support that could be safely provided by volunteers, or you want to volunteer to help, contact your local ward group – see below for their contact details.
If you have been advised not to leave your home for 12 weeks on medical grounds, known as ‘shielding’, the NHS and Cambridgeshire County Council should have contacted you to ensure you have the support you need. The Cambridgeshire Hub supports shielded residents who are at the highest risk.
If you have more complex needs or are unsure who can help, contact the Cambridge Hub. The hub supports residents by responding to requests for help and offers of help. It also connects with and supports local mutual-aid and community-led initiatives.
If you can shop for yourself but are facing financial difficulties due to coronavirus and are unable to pay for food or other necessities, the hub can refer you to the most appropriate source of support. This will include foodbanks and other organisations that can help you apply for the right kind of government benefit.
Cambridge Sustainable Food may also be able to help if you are struggling to pay for food. You can find information on their website or call them direct on 01223 967426.
If you live in East Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire or South Cambridgeshire, check the county council’s coronavirus support directory.
The police can not provide advice about coronavirus and social distancing restrictions – you should follow the government’s coronavirus guidance and the NHS’s coronavirus guidance. Contact the police online if you need to report something, or phone 999 in an emergency or 101.
Check our ward map if you’re not sure which ward you live in.
- Visit Abbey People
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 07526 761368
- Follow Abbey People on Facebook
- Link councillor: Haf Davies
- Visit What Will Help? Cherry Hinton or St Andrew’s Church
- Phone St Andrew’s Church on 01223 242954
- Link councillor: Russ McPherson
- Visit Coleridge Community Forum
- Email coleridgeCOVAID@stm.org.uk
- Phone 01223 641021
- Link councillor: Rosy Moore
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow Cambridge Market Ward C19 Mutual Aid on Facebook
- Link councillor: Katie Porrer
- Email email@example.com if you’re north of Barton Road
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re south of Barton Road
- Link councillors: Rod Cantrill and Lucy Nethsingha
- Visit Petersfield COVID-19 Network
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 07933 671101
- Link councillor: Mike Davey
- Visit Queen Edith’s Community Forum
- Phone 01223 641012
- Link councillors: Colin McGerty and Amanda Taylor
- Visit Over Mill Road Bridge
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone or text 07908 466257, or phone 01223 750170, at any time
- Link councillor: Dave Baigent
- Visit Trumpington Covid-19 Network
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 01223 662291
- Link councillors: Barbara Ashwood and Katie Thornburrow