Cookies are files saved on your phone, tablet or computer when you visit a website. They store information about how you use the website, such as the pages you visit.
Most cookies expire after a specified time, but you can manage them yourself, including deleting them from your computer or telling your browser whether to accept them.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect in 2018, customers must be able to ‘opt in’ to cookies being set when you visit our site.
This applies to all cookies apart from those that are needed for the website to function, which are usually referred to as ‘necessary’ or ‘functional’ cookies.
You can choose whether to accept cookies that remember your settings on this website – so you can dismiss alerts you don't want to read, for example.
You can also choose to accept cookies that analyse how you use our website – we use this anonymous information to improve content and templates.
Necessary (or ‘functional’) cookies help make websites usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. Websites will not function properly without these cookies.
Cookie name: acceptCookies
- Purpose: Used to setup the website cookies and control the cookie notification bar.
- Expiry: 60 days
Cookie name: ARRAffinity
- Purpose: Distributes website traffic across several servers to optimise response times
- Expiry: End of session
Cookie name: Recite.Persist and Recite_Session
- Purpose: Stores a flag to indicate whether the Recite Me toolbar should persist between pages or not and remembers user settings
- Expiry: End of session
Cookie name: UMB_UPDCHK
- Purpose: This cookie is set using the Umbraco web content management system. It is usually only seen by site administrators accessing the back end of the website, rather than general visitors.
- Expiry: One month
Cookie name: 1P_JAR, NID, and CONSENT
- Purpose: These cookies are set by the website search function, which is powered by Google
- Expiry: Variable
Cookie name: ccc-dismissed-alerts
- Purpose: Remembers which alerts you have dismissed so you only see those you have not dismissed
- Expiry: 90 days
Cookie name: AWSELB
- Purpose: Allows the GovMetric feedback function to work
- Expiry: 5 minutes
Cookie name: _ga, _gid, and _gat_gtag_UA_366198_23
- Purpose: Allows Google Analytics to track which parts of our website you visit
- _ga: 2 years
- _gid: End of session
- _gat_gtag_UA_366198_23: 1 day