Queries and appeals for business rates

You can contact the business rates team in a number of ways:

Queries and appeals

If you have a question about the rateable value of your property, or you would like to appeal to have it changed, you need to contact the Valuation Office Agency (VOA).

You can contact us if you want to question a decision that we have made about your business rates.

While awaiting the outcome of a query or an appeal, you must continue to pay your business rates at their current level.

Rating advisers

When making an appeal or querying a decision about your business rates, you do not have to be represented legally or by advisers; appeals against rateable values can be made free of charge.

If you do choose to employ a rating adviser, make sure that they have the necessary knowledge and expertise, as well as appropriate indemnity insurance.

Choosing a rating adviser who is a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or the Institute of Revenues Rating and Valuation will ensure they are qualified and regulated by rules of professional conduct designed to protect the public from misconduct.

Contact us

Rate this page