Consultation on Bramblefields Local Nature Reserve enhancements
Consultation runs from
20 October 2017, 12:01am to 1 December 2017, 11:59pm
Introduction and background
Developer contributions have been allocated to enhance biodiversity and access at Bramblefields Local Nature Reserve (LNR) in Chesterton.
We are seeking to implement works prior to March 2018, and would like to know your thoughts on the proposals, which include:
- Installing a variety of bird and bat boxes across the site
- Installing a new pond (this has already been secured through the planning application for the adjacent Chesterton Station, funded by Network Rail. It is proposed the works will be implemented by the City Council at the same time as these enhancements)
- Restoring the existing pond, dipping platform and interpretation board
- Updating and renewing interpretation panels
- Creating earth mounds for amphibians and reptiles with flower rich planting for pollinating insects
- Removing the redundant play equipment wooden poles
- Increasing bench provision
We would like to gauge public support for the proposed enhancements, and hear about any other issues or improvements you think we should consider.
The full details of the consultation and areas of improvement can be found in the below PDF.
To let us know whether you support or object to the proposals, and if you have any other feedback or suggestions, please email us at email@example.com
If you have any questions about this consultation, contact Streets and Open Spaces at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01223 458532.
Post any correspondence to Streets and Open Spaces, Cambridge City Council, PO Box 700, Cambridge CB1 0JH.
Officers will review comments on this consultation and revise the proposals accordingly.
It is envisaged that all agreed works will be completed by March 2018.