Why are we asking for your personal information?
We (the council) are collecting this information to process your application for membership of the Cambridge City Council Considerate Contractor Scheme.
We require your company name, address, and company representative contact details. We will use it to contact you about projects you have registered in the Cambridge City Council Considerate Contractor Scheme.
You hold the following rights with regard to the personal data you provide us.
- Right to Access – You have the right to access (receive a copy) of your personal data and supplementary information.
- Right to Rectification – You have the right to have any inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified.
- Right to Erasure (once consent has been withdrawn)
- Right to Restriction – You have the right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data in situations where it is inaccurate, unlawful, and no longer needed for the purposes for which it was originally collected, or if a withdrawal of consent has been made.
- Right to Data Portability – You have the right to request your personal data which you have provided to us to be supplied in a ‘structured, commonly used and machine readable format (eg CSV). You may request that this information is supplied directly to another data controller on your behalf.
We will not carry out automated decision making.
Sharing your information
We do not share your personal details. We may process the information you provide to prevent and detect fraud in any of our systems and may supply information to government agencies, credit reference agencies, audit or other external bodies for such purposes. We participate in the government's National Fraud Initiative.
If any of the information we have about you is incorrect, please tell us, we are reliant on you assisting us to keep your information accurate and up to date.
Retention of your personal information
We only keep your information as long as necessary, and for standard for five years. You can find out more by looking at the Council's Retention Policy on the web site.
We do not routinely process any information about you outside the UK. We will not transfer your personal data outside of the EU.
Cambridge City Council is a registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioner's Office.
You can find out more about how we handle your data by visiting the Councils Privacy Notice page on the web site. If you have a query regarding your rights please contact the Data Protection Officer who can be contacted by emailing email@example.com or you can write to the Council and mark your letter for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) should you believe any part of this statement to be unlawful.