Our spring-term programme of free activities for local children and their families begins on 22 April – it’s listed below our Easter activities.
Activities are free and no booking is required unless stated for specific activities.
Activities are not child-care facilities. Children are free to come and go as they please. Under-7s must be accompanied by an adult.
All activities are free. Phone 01223 457873 to book your place at an activity where necessary – booking opens on Wednesday 3 April.
Week one: 8 to 14 April
- Monday 8 April, 2 to 4pm: Easter egg hunt with North Cambridge Community Partnership at Nuns Way recreation ground (CB4 2PF)
- Tuesday 9 April, 3.30 to 5pm: Slime workshop for ages 11 and older at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – come and have a go at making different types of slime! Booking required
- Wednesday 10 April, 10am to midday: Eggciting Easter art for ages 4 to 10 at Storey’s Field Community Centre. Children must be accompanied. Parking is restricted – please walk, cycle or use public transport
- Thursday 11 April, 2 to 4pm: Family litter pick at Nuns Way recreation ground (CB4 2PF) – come and help your local community get clean and tidy, and finish off with refreshments and cake
- Thursday 11 April, 3.30 to 5pm: Crack the code for ages 7 and older at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – coding workshop and Easter egg hunt hosted by Speechmatics. Booking required
- Friday 12 April, 11am to 1pm: Outdoor play at Cherry Hinton Hall (CB1 8SG), by the duck pond
- Friday 12 April, 2 to 4pm: Outdoor play at Jack Warren Green play area (CB5 8US)
- Saturday 13 April, 11am to 1pm: Abbey People's environment day on Coldham's Common (CB5 8NT), by the BMX track – join us for a litter pick (part of the Great British Spring Clean), explorer trail and refreshments
Week two: 15 to 21 April
- Monday 15 April, 2 to 4pm: Outdoor play at Green End Road recreation ground (CB4 1RN)
- Monday 15 April, 2 to 4pm: Outdoor play at Bateson Road play area (CB4 3HF)
- Tuesday 16 April, 2 to 4pm: Outdoor play at Thorpe Way recreation ground (CB5 8TS)
- Wednesday 17 April, 11am to 1pm: Eggciting Easter art at the Orchard Community Centre (CB4 2EZ)
- Thursday 18 April, 2 to 4pm: Outdoor play at Histon Road recreation ground (CB4 3QE)
- Thursday 18 April, 2 to 4pm: Outdoor play at Cherry Hinton recreation ground (CB1 9HX)
Spring term activities
- Mondays, 4 to 5.30pm: Youth club for school years 4, 5 and 6 at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – games and crafts
- Tuesdays, 10am to midday: Stay and play at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – soft play and messy art for local children and families with under-5s. £1 per child
- Tuesdays, 6 to 7.30pm: Youth club for 11 to 13 year olds at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – a place to meet, have fun and learn new skills
- Tuesdays, 4 to 5.15pm from 5 March: Girls’ group at Meadows Community Centre – a group for girls to have fun and discuss issues that are important to them. Phone 01223 420309 to find out more and book a place
- Tuesdays, 5 to 5.45pm: Dance fitness for girls aged 10 to 15 at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – dance yourself fit to your favourite tunes
- Wednesdays, 3 to 5.30pm: Outdoor play session at Nuns Way recreation ground – games and crafts for all ages