Our current term-time programme of free activities for local children and their families runs until Easter. A special half-term programme runs from 16 to 22 February.
February half-term activities
- Saturday 16 February,11am to 2pm: Swap, collect and fix-fest at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre
- Monday 18 February, 10am to midday: Make and create at Storey’s Field Community Centre
- Monday 18 February, 1.30 to 3.30pm: Outdoor play at St Albans Road recreation ground, Cambridge CB4 3XJ
- Tuesday 19 February, 3 to 5pm: Outdoor play at Thorpe Way play area, Cambridge CB5 8TS – join in with games, crafts and sports with a coach from Cambridge United
- Tuesday 19 February, 3.30 to 5.30pm: Youth café for school years 7 and 8 at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre
- Wednesday 20 February, 2 to 4pm: Outdoor play at Green End Road recreation ground, Cambridge CB4 1RU
- Thursday 21 February, 11am to midday: Family singing with Lifecraft Singers at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – suitable for under-8s (all children must be accompanied by an adult). Booking required – phone 01223 457873 from 13 February to book your space
- Thursday 21 February, 2 to 4pm: Family crafts at Nuns Way Pavilion
- Thursday 21 February, 3 to 5pm: Outdoor play at Cherry Hinton recreation ground, Cambridge CB1 9HX
- Friday 22 February, 5.30 to 7.30pm: Wonders of the night sky on Jesus Green – explore the wonders of the night sky with space-themed crafts, talks from a professional astronomer, tours of the stars, and viewing through telescopes!
Regular term-time activities
Activities are free and no booking is required unless stated for specific activities.
- Mondays, 4 to 5.30pm: Youth club for school years 4, 5 and 6 at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – games and crafts
- Tuesdays, 10am to midday: Stay and play at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – soft play and messy art for local children and families with under-5s. £1 per child
- Tuesdays, 6 to 7.30pm: Youth club for 11 to 13 year olds at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – a place to meet, have fun and learn new skills
- Tuesdays, 4 to 5.15pm from 5 March: Girls’ group at Meadows Community Centre – a group for girls to have fun and discuss issues that are important to them. Phone 01223 420309 to find out more and book a place
- Wednesdays, 4.30 to 5.30pm: Glow fitness for girls aged 12 to 18 at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – fitness classes under ultraviolet lights
- Every second Thursday of the month, 4 to 5pm: Coding club for ages 7 and older at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – phone 01223 420309 to book