Our half-term programme of activities for local children and their families runs from Tuesday 28 until Friday 31 May. Our summer-term programme resumes on Monday 3 June.
Activities are free and no booking is required unless stated for specific activities.
Activities are not child-care facilities. Children are free to come and go as they please. Under-7s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tuesday 28 May, 10am to midday: Robots, Rockets and Reptiles! for 4 to 10 year olds at Storey’s Field Community Centre – Join our junk model challenge and make your own creation to take home. Children must be accompanied. Parking is restricted – please walk, cycle or park for free at Madingley Road park and ride
- Tuesday 28 May, 2 to 4pm: Family fun and sports day at Gunhild Close play area – Come and celebrate the installation of the new play equipment! There will sports, games, arts and crafts, and refreshments
- Wednesday 29 May, 1 to 4pm: Celebrating International Children’s Day on Parkers Piece – Join us for games, sports, and arts and crafts, all centred around celebrating what it means to be a child! Activities will include: inflatable course, games with Kinnerz coaches, under-5s’ area, loose parts play, Scrapstore and lots more!
- Thursday 30 May, 1 to 2.30pm: Outdoor play on Nuns Way recreation ground
- Thursday 30 May, 3.30 to 5pm: Slime workshop for 8 to 11 year olds at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – Come and have a go at making different types of slime! Book your place on the slime workshop from 25 May
- Friday 31 May, 10 to 11.30am: Family sewing workshop for children aged eight and older at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – Come and have a go at making a reuseable tote bag or your own little monster! Children must be accompanied by an adult. Book your place on the sewing workshop from 25 May
Summer term activities
The following sessions begin on Monday 3 June and run until Friday 5 July.
- Mondays: Youth club for school years 5 and 6 at Orchard Park Community Centre – Arts and crafts, games and pool
- Mondays, 3.30 to 5pm: Outdoor play session on Green End Road recreation ground – Games and crafts
- Tuesdays, 10am to midday: Stay and play for local children and families with under-5s at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – Soft play and messy art. £1 per child
- Tuesdays, 3.30 to 5pm: Outdoor play session on St Albans recreation ground – Games and crafts
- Tuesdays, 5 to 5.45pm: Dance fitness for girls aged 10 to 15 at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – Dance yourself fit to your favourite tunes
- Tuesdays, 6 to 7.30pm: Youth club for school years 7 and 8 at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – A place to meet, have fun and learn new skills
- Wednesdays, 3.30 to 5pm: Outdoor play session on Nuns Way recreation ground – Games and crafts
- Thursdays, 3.30 to 5pm: Outdoor play session on Histon Road recreation ground – Games and crafts
- Every second Thursday of the month, 4 to 5pm: Coding club for children aged seven and older at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – Phone 01223 420309 to book a place
- Fridays, 3.30 to 5pm: Outdoor play session on Thorpe Way play area – Games and crafts
A performing arts project - Shout! - starts this September for young people aged 11-16, with sessions taking place in Abbey, East Chesterton, Trumpington and Cherry Hinton.
The project will involve 2 rehearsal days and the performance during October half term.
For more information and to book a place, call Steph on 07753 431 347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a bookable session and places are limited, so get in touch now to avoid disappointment.