The Architects Registration Board (ARB) is the body set up by parliament as the independent UK regulator of architects.
For an individual to use the title architect he or she must be registered with the ARB.
- There are around 34,000 architects on the register; you can search the ARB online register to find an architect near you.
Or, you could appoint a Chartered Architectural Technologist who can also lead your project from inception to completion.
- Visit the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists website to find a local qualified professional.
Surveyors must be members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- RICS maintain a searchable Register of Chartered Surveyors.
The Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE) is a leading body for professionals specialising in the design, construction, evaluation and maintenance of building construction.
Before choosing any professional advisor, you might want to think about:
- talking to a number who specialise in the type of work you are thinking of doing
- whether you want to work with a professional from a large, medium or small practice
- seeking a personal recommendation from family or friends