Groups of local residents or voluntary groups can apply to our Area Committees for funding for projects, activities or services.
The priorities for Area Committee community grants specifically focus on reducing social and economic inequality for disadvantaged residents. Projects or activities should benefit a specific community or people living in a particular area.
Councillors decide on grant applications once per year, at an area committee meeting in the spring. Our ward map can help you work out which area committee your group should apply to.
The application process for the 2023/24 round of area committee funding is now open.
Completed applications should be submitted by midday by the following dates:
- North: Arbury, East Chesterton, King’s Hedges and West Chesterton Wards
- 25 January 2023
- South: Cherry Hinton, Queen Edith’s and Trumpington Wards
- 1 February 2023
- East: Abbey, Coleridge, Petersfield and Romsey Wards
- 1 February 2023
- West Central: Castle, Market and Newnham Wards
- 10 February 2023
Please note that the application deadline for the North and East areas has changed.
The Area Committee application information document gives guidance as to which groups and activities are eligible and advice on how to complete the application form.
The guidance should be reviewed alongside the application form. We would encourage you to contact us to discuss your proposal prior to submission, particularly if you are a new applicant.
- Area Committee community grant 2023/24 application information [PDF, 0.3MB]
- Area Committee community grant 2023/24 application form [DOCX, 91Kb]
A webinar was held on 10 January to explain the eligibility criteria and funding priorities in more detail.