Our Active Lifestyles team provides a wealth of physical activity opportunities for people who live and work in Cambridge. It also supports local sport clubs and organisations.
The team specifically provides physical activity opportunities in the following areas:
- Health improvement – including:
- exercise referral
- weight management
- cancer and cardiac rehabilitation
- sessions for homeless people and mental health service users
- inclusive disability sessions for adults and children
- Community engagement – including:
- Streetgames activities for young people
- women's and girls' activities
- informal recreation on the city’s green and open spaces
- activities in the city’s new residential areas
- grant aid for residents and sports clubs and organisations
- co-ordination of the “Let’s Get Moving” county-wide project (funded by Cambridgeshire County Council’s Health Committee)
- Recreation and technical support – maintenance of the city’s recreational facilities, including:
- bowls clubs
- outdoor fitness facilities
- table tennis tables
- tennis courts
- swimming pools
The service also manages the city’s leisure management contract, currently with Greenwich Leisure Limited (GLL).
The team was previously known as the Sports Development team.