We are committed to making sure our services, buildings, and the information we provide are accessible to everybody.
Recite Me accessibility toolbar
The Recite Me toolbar contains a number of functions which allow you to customise this website in a way to make it more accessible to you.
Functions in the toolbar include:
- text to speech
- text only mode
- interactive dictionary
- translation tool with over 100 languages
- changing the font
- changing website colours
- screen mask
- magnifying glass
Read about the accessibility tool features on the Recite Me website.
To launch the toolbar, select 'Accessibility tools' in the website header.
The following keyboard shortcuts can also be used when the toolbar is open:
- shift+tab: Move cursor back to toolbar once open
- tab: Move cursor forward
- spacebar: Select a button and change toggles
- ctrl+right: Play next element
- ctrl+left: Play previous element
- ctrl+alt+p: Play the current element
- ctrl+alt+f: Show font menu
- ctrl+alt+c: Show theme menu
- ctrl+r: Enable or disable ruler
- ctrl+d: Enable or disable dictionary
- ctrl+l: Show translation languages
- ctrl+x: Enable or disable text-only mode
- ctrl+m: Show page margin settings
- ctrl+shift+o: Show or disable settings menu
- ctrl+s: Save settings
Information in alternative formats
We can provide information in a range of alternative formats to meet your needs.
Read more about alternative formats.
Information in other languages
If English is not your first language, our interpreting and translation services may be helpful to you.
For more information, go to interpreting and translation services.
You can also change the language on our website using our accessibility tool.
Making our website accessible
Our website and the information on it is designed and written to be as accessible and usable as possible.
Read more about our website accessibility.